The Great Scottish Run welcomes thousands of runners to the city of Glasgow each year.
The course starts in the centre of the city, inn George Square, and from there takes runners past a selection of Glasgow's finest venues and buildings. As well as crossing over the River Clyde, runners will take a trip through Pollock Park and Bellahouston Park, before heading back for the grandstand finish on Glasgow Green. With an electric street-side atmosphere, runners, joggers and walkers unite.
Want to be part of Team CF at the Great Scottish Run?
Choose your distance from the below options;
Inspire your whole family to get active on a fun day of running in Glasgow. From the toddler dash, to the mini racers, family fliers and the junior heroes, we look forward to seeing your little stars and runners of all ages taking part around our city centre course.
- Toddler Dash; A 100m race open to those up to 5 years old
- Junior Race; A 2.5km run open to ages 9-15.
- Family Mile; Complete a mile as a family! Suitable for ages 3-8 years old with an accompanying adult.
- 10k; The 10k course is a shorter adaptation of the half marathon that hugs the River Clyde and features some of Glasgow's most iconic landmarks and buildings such as The Hydro, Pacific Quay and the McLennan Arch.
- Half Marathon; Starting in George Square the course features famous venues from the 2014 Commonwealth Games as well as taking you across the River Clyde, through Pollok Park and Bellahouston Park, before heading back for the grandstand finish on Glasgow Green.
We promise all our runners loads of support and encouragement along the way including:
- Team CF running top to wear with pride on the day
- Fundraising pack crammed full of ides to help you maximise your fundraising
- Access to our online interactive Training Zone
- Team e-newsletters to keep you up to date with what we're up to
- Any support you feel you may need along the way - we're here to help!
Running with Team CF will help us make a difference to the lives of thousands of people living with cystic fibrosis in the UK.
To join Team CF at this iconic running event please click on the link below to secure your place then simply use the race to raise as much as you can for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.. Once you're ready drop us a message to let us know so that we can ensure you receive the right level of support (and of course so we can send you your freebies!)
Let us know
Would you like to know more?
If you have any other questions about the event, please get in touch - we'd love to hear from you!