This fellowship aims to give physiotherapists the training and experience required to develop a fruitful career specialising in cystic fibrosis (CF) care. Physiotherapy is a big part of everyday life for most people with cystic fibrosis, and we are dedicated to bringing the brightest and best clinicians into the field of CF care.
The purpose of this fellowship
This fellowship will improve opportunities for physiotherapists to develop careers in specialist CF care. By providing this education and experience, we believe participants will emerge with strong, broad skills and the ability to lead a quality CF physiotherapy service, which will have an impact on the wider CF service at their centre/network.
What does it entail?
For full information around how this fellowship would work, please read the outline document.
The successful candidate will be based within their current workplace as a ‘home centre’, but will complete a tailored education/experience programme involving the following aspects:
- Intensive time at non-home centres to focus on key areas of CF care (including both paediatrics and adults).
- A wider education programme including structured time with the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, CSP, commissioners and physiotherapy consultants/leaders.
- Attendance at key meetings.
- Completion of a leadership module.
- Completion of an audit or service evaluation.
- Completion of a service improvement project.
- Supervision and dissemination of education/experience to the physiotherapist.
- Education for the backfill physiotherapist and the wider MDT.
- Presentation at the end of the fellowship to the ACPCF at the annual study days, and at a Cystic Fibrosis Trust meeting.
The successful candidate will have a clinical supervisor who will be the principal CF physiotherapist within their current workplace. If they do not have access to a physiotherapist with this level of experience within their own centre, a suitably experienced physiotherapist from within the ACPCF will be chosen. They will have regular supervision sessions throughout the term of the fellowship.
Apply for the fellowship
The deadlines for this year's applications are:
Open call: Monday 6 January 2020
Deadline: Friday 21 February 2020
Face to face interviews: 10 March 2020
Applications will be reviewed by the chair and vice chair of the ACPCF and the Cystic Fibrosis Trust’s Director of Impact, Dr Keith Brownlee. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview at the Cystic Fibrosis Trust’s Headquarters in Aldgate, London.